• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phenominal New Book!!!

Randall

5 Year Member
Dear Friends,

For information about Dr. Lamboj and his new book, The Cichlid Fishes of Western Africa, please have a look at the "Apisto News" section of apistogramma.com, http://www.apistogramma.com/cms/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=500.

Addendum:

Yours truly has been forwarded sections for proofing, and this book excedes expectations; in short, it is amazing. Finally, western African cichlid enthusiasts will have a comprehensive, detailed, state of the science and state of the hobby reference.

Thank you.

Randall Kohn

Randall

5 Year Member
Dr. Lamboj's new book

Dear MC,

The ISBN of the German edition is 3-928819-32-1. We should have the ISBN number of the English edition posted here in May.

Thanks!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

D

Danno

I can hardly wait, Randall. These are some really awesome fish!

chromis

5 Year Member
Dear Randall

I have waited with excitement for this book and ever since the beginning of May :roll: , I have tried to search for the book but to no avail.

Would you have any information on who might be selling this at the moment?

Randall

5 Year Member
"The Cichlid Fishes of Western Africa"

Hello Chromis,

Unfortunately, the new book is running late. Although originally expected out in April/May, the publisher hopes to have it ready for June/July.

If all goes well, we hope to make it available through Apistogramma.com.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Randall

5 Year Member
Pelvicachromis photos

Hello Lyre Tail,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos with us. They are sweet!

To his credit, Dr. Lamboj did not use color enhanced photos in his book, as has been done before by some other authors. I agree that a few more Pelvicachromis taeniatus photos would be nice, but at least what is depicted is natural.

Dr. Lamboj is working with Pelvicachromis as we speak, and we can look forward to some classifitory changes in the very near furture.

May I use some of your photos in my talks, please? Of course, full credit will be given to you.

Thanks!

Randall Kohn

LyreTail

5 Year Member
Of course you can use any photo you want on my site - they are not enhanced, but sometimes the flash plays tricks a little - mostly by bleaching . I am still learning how to take good pictures, but lately have got much better at it. I believe you already used a few I sent through email for Apistogramma sp. "Papagei"
Just give credit to "Curtis B"

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
The 'unique' color male pulcher is truly a spectacular fish. You mentioned that it showed up in a spawn and is unlike its sibling? Interesting... are you planning to breed it back to its mother to see if you can get more of them like that? Does it stay that color, or is it mood dependent?

LyreTail

5 Year Member
No - that Krib was in a tank with a whole bunch of other Juveniles - I assumed the two juveniles I bought from that tank were "brothers"

When I first purchased the two a few months ago, they looked very similar with very deep red on top of the dorsal and caudal fins but looked normal everywhere else. They were about 1 inch long. Now they are about 2 inch long and the "red color morph brother" only get the red color when being fed or with the female. Somewhat a "classic red color morph" as described by Anton Lamboj The uniquely colored one stays the same color, but does fade in stress. The fin remain colored like you see at all times He seems to be a yellow color morph with a heavy yellow gold tone to his main body which seems different than any Krib I have seen. Under stress the yellow gold on his body become a bit more drab gold

I spawned the red morph "brother" to the larger full grown yellow female and she turned on him after wards. ( fry are about 1 month old now) I then removed him because that was how my original Yellow male died. ( I have 40 Juveniles left from that pairing) Next time I intend to introduce the uniquely colored one to see if she will accept him as a mate - might make for some unique fry? I prefer not to interbreed for more than 1 generation with any of my "projects" but might to try to set in a color form unique and as beautiful as that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….