• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis Taeniatus - Moliwe

Cichlid Junkie

5 Year Member
Can pelvicachromis taeniatus be a good tankmate with cacatuoides? I know the Moliwe comes from west africa, but the water parameters seam to be simular. The tank I am thinking about putting a pair into is planted and houses three cacatuoides (1m/2f), a dwarf bristlenose pleco and some rummy nose tetras as dithers. Let me know what you think.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
There would not be any problems from a water parameter stand point. If the tank is large enough for the fish to all have territories then they should be ok.

mr_apisto

5 Year Member
I have done this in 160, 200, 360litre tanks. With a 160 it was too small. The Cacatus got beaten up. In the 200 both pairs bred, but then the Cacau kids got snacked, in the 360 there were no probs. In any event, you need to make sure they've also got loads of territory markers and lots of places to get away from each other.
These fish are really nice, and well worth going for. My wife has become devoted to them and we have so far had
Dehani
Moliwe
Nigeria Red
Lobe
Bandewouri
and I can't remember what else:). Our favourites so far are probably either the Bandewouri or the Dehani.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….