• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Dehane"

briztoon

5 Year Member
After reading some comments in a couple of threads from Ted Judy and Rod, and looking at Teds gallery, I am questioning whether my dehane are in fact dehane.

These photos are the best I have. Happy for people to post thier opinion.

002-7.jpg

012-1.jpg

009-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

007-5.jpg

mudskipper

I'm not qualified to give an opinion on your question, having only kept Bipindi and Kienke. I do have to say the male you have is really spectacular. If we were not on opposite sides of the planet, I'd be asking about some fry in the future.

briztoon

5 Year Member
I have 37 2cm-ish, 11 week old juveniles from two different pairs growing out at the moment and another 30ish two week old fry from the pair in the photos at the moment.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Dehane, Kienke, Bipindi, Lokounje and a lot of other populations all come from the river systems north of the Kienke River near Kribi. They are characterized by those large ocelli in the caudal fins of the males. There are very subtle differences between populations, but they probably all start to blend a bit a few generations into captive breeding. There is nothing in the picture to suggest that the fish are NOT Dehane... in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….