• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pandurini

decapo

Hi all,
I have 35 gallon tank in 6 Apistogramma Pandurini, 20 Harlequin Raspora and 2 Sterbai Corydoras .
My tank water parametry is; NO3 0, NO2 0, GH >6, KH 6, PH 7,2 or 7,6
What do you think about my tank parameters?

Thanks,

jaafaman

I'd be curious as to how you keep such a well-stocked tank at zero nitrates for starters.

Second, before passing an opinion of the chemistry, it would help to know if you're asking as a maintenance tank or a breeder...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
First, welcome to the apisto forum. Your tank's parameters are fine for average maintenance of the listed fish in a community situation - for now. Once the A. panduro (scientific name for your apistos) pair off (and the do form a pair bond), the dominant pair will attack and try to drive all of the other fish from their breeding territory. Depending on how the aquarium is decorated, you might get 2 pair (3 if really lucky) of A. panduros to cohabit a 35. It really depends on how the tank is decorated, how territorial boundaries are located, and even the personality of the individual fish. Once you find any cichlids at the top of the tank, this indicates that they lost the battle to establish a territory. Please remove them before they are killed. The corys, being a bottom dwelling fish, might be in danger, too. Water conditions are not ideal for breeding A. panduro, but that might not be your choice. They breed better in moderately soft (< 5°dGH; <3°dKH) and moderately acid (pH <6.0) water.

Algae Beater

i had 4 panduro in a 20 long as they matured. a pair formed and decimated the other individuals within a day or two. Give any pairs that form a wide berth to avoid casualties..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….