• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. roloffi

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
As of right now it's just another location of roloffi but by far the most colorful of the 3 locations I've had in the past 4 or 5 years (Kolonte and Kasewe Forest being the other locations if I remember correctly).

And I say "as of right now" because if someone told me that the fish wasn't a roloffi but a new species I would be inclined to believe them. The fish is THAT nice!

wethumbs

5 Year Member
You be the judge on being the most colorful or not.

Male with female in the background.
247501_1806730687137_1206021231_31590442_3680230_n.jpg

Female
247501_1806730727138_1206021231_31590443_4421937_n.jpg

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have two pair, but they are in a bottom tank and all they do is hide. I have not gotten a good look at them (and I have had them since March... LOL).

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I also have the P. roloffi 'kolente' in another tank and frankly I cant tell the difference. They look very much alike on first glance. Here is a picture of the 'kolente'

248870_1807468985594_1206021231_31591611_4093173_n.jpg

BTW the black coloration on female 'kolente' can also be seen on the 'samba'. Males are practically the same. Maybe someone has better pictures to prove otherwise. My observations are based on a small population of 4 pairs of 'samba' and 3 pairs of 'kolente'.

Pelvicachromis

5 Year Member
I just got 3 pairs of the "samba" and 2 pairs of 'kolente', looking forward to seeing them color up after the settle in. Nice to be back in the Pelvicachromis game after loosing most of mine the last couple of years. P. roloffi has always been my favorite species of the genus.

KC

dfea

5 Year Member
I am keeping two pair of 'Samba' (thanks Jeff). Using the picture from wethumbs as a basis my females are basically identical and my males are actually not quite as colorful as the ones pictured. I will say I find these to be really nice fish, a bit shy at first but after settling in they started making appearances.

- Dan

AndySch

Hi Keith,

without Pics would nobody say what these fish are.

I have also 2 pairs of roloffi (guinea) *kolente*, 1 pair P. signatus, 1 Male and 25 juvenile C. dimidiatus lezas and 3 pairs E. lucanusi.

Pelvicachromis

5 Year Member
So it's been a while now, any more news on where this new "location" of roloffi might be coming from? I don't know of a river or town named Samba in West Africa?

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….