• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Angelfish Habitat

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
I had a brand new 150xt sitting in my basement for the past six months and I got the time and materials to set it up. I am happy with how it turned out, I still need to get some more plants and pick up a Co2 cylinder. But it has fish in it and thats what counts. Right now there are 12 wild angels in there as well as a group of 11 Corydoras Weitzmani, and a realy fat Cory Paleatus. There is a school of 25 or so Blue tetras to go in yet but I am tired of acclimating fish.

Thanks to Exotic Aquatics in Baltimore Maryland for stocking some of the nicest driftwood I have ever seen.

DSC04033.jpg

DSC04032.jpg

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04030.jpg

DSC04029.jpg

DSC04027.jpg

There are three groups of four localities of Angels, Two from Peru and one from Mancaparu

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thanks Lisa! And Justin???? I think? Co2 is hooked up and running and I am waiting for some new plants. 20 or so Blue Tetras are in and moving all the time.

Chris

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Thank you Daniele, And welcom to the fourm! I am waiting for some plants that I have ordered to come in and I am going to be moving some Echinodorus cordifoliuse, bleheri, and rubin that I am growing from offspring in other tanks in. I am trying to keep from having my hands in the tank too much as the Angels being wild are easily frightened. I will keep updating the post as the tank evolves.

Thanks
Christian

samcsd

5 Year Member
nice tank, that driftwood it brilliant, I havnt seen any nice pieces like that down this way. Are you trying to breed these angels?

btw where is the wood from (as in country not shop!) and is it collected from the side of a river? unlike bogwood?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….