• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEED HELP w Ivanacara Adoketa sexing

Minu1798

Hi everyone,
I recently bought 4 I. Adoketa from 2 different sources and I need help sexing them.
#1 and #2 are from my local fish store, they are smaller in size, i don't know if they are fully adult yet but they laid eggs together before (the eggs didn’t hatch).
IMG_2371.jpeg

IMG_2372.jpeg

IMG_2376.jpeg

#3 and #4 are WC from Rio Inca (from tangled up cichlid), I asked him if it’s possible for him to get a big and small one for me bc I want a pair (they are the same size tho)
IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

IMG_2380.jpeg

Apistoguy52

1&2 both look girly to me. 3 looks male. 4…I’m not sure if it’s a beat down male trying to look female, or actually female. With the Icana fish, the males will develop quite a bit of that rusty red in the face, while the females will carry the rusty red color on the flanks ( but not face)

Minu1798

1&2 both look girly to me. 3 looks male. 4…I’m not sure if it’s a beat down male trying to look female, or actually female. With the Icana fish, the males will develop quite a bit of that rusty red in the face, while the females will carry the rusty red color on the flanks ( but not face)
Thank you for your reply,
#4 is actually the biggest and dominant in the tank for now

Minu1798

This is #4 now

IMG_2457.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macmasterman

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(