• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mergus Cichlid Atlas II

cageman

5 Year Member
Haha it certainly feels good:tongue:
But I must say, if it wasn't for a friend of mine who told me my name was in the book, I would propably have found out a year later.:biggrin:

langosh

5 Year Member
I acquired a copy of this book a few days ago. I briefly browsed through and I have one question. Could some please enlighten to me the relationship between “Nominal List of valid/invalid/still undiscribed Apistogramma-Species†(p. 17) and “Nominal List of known species and local morphs…†(p. 378)? Is it OK that they don’t correspond?

Thank you
Roman:)

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
This is one of the problems with this volume. It is a compendium from different sources. The list on page 17 is Uwe's more restricted list. The list that starts on page 378 Uwe got from me. I tend to be more liberal in listing forms that may or may not be true species. A more recent list is found on this web site. I realize that it is confusing. I did not expect him to just copy my list (with some of his own modifications) in his book. I did not even authorize using my name in the book other than listing me as one of the translators. I only did translations for most of the species chapters. Any typographical & grammatical errors in those sections are most likely mine. The rest of the book ... well I definitely have problems with parts.

RiC

5 Year Member
I only did translations for most of the species chapters. Any typographical & grammatical errors in those sections are most likely mine. The rest of the book ... well I definitely have problems with parts.

I noticed indeed that when you reach the species sections those horrible typos disappear... :wink: - I can't wait to read your review, Mike!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm still going through the first sections of the book. I am putting sticky notes with questions on them where I find them. My book already looks like it is growing thick yellow hair!:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….