• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking For Taeniacara candidi and caves

Hey everyone,

After searching the web for hours I cannot find any sellers (other than Aquabid) who have Taeniacara candidi. I live in Maryland, US so If anyone knows a place to get some or something, please tell me.:)

Also, looking for caves (coconut, etc.) that people have had good experiences with.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The aquabid fish are from WetPet in Portland OR. They have a good reputation, so I wouldn't be afraid to order from them. I have used every kind of cave imaginable, including unusual items like PVC pipe, 35mm film canisters, and thick layers of mulm (cesspool method :) ). All work. I suggest that you add several different types and let the fish decide which they like best.

jmtrops

5 Year Member
I have ordered from wetpet three times this year including 3 pairs of Teleogramma brichardi which 2 of the pairs have spawned. I have been very happy with the fish I got from them.

madrededios

Jonathon,

Write to Anthony at Wet Pets directly through the AB "ask seller a question" function. They are selling by the fish, not in pairs, so be sure to ask him if he thinks both sexes are present before purchasing. He told me when I asked that these were coming out of Singapore, btw. FYI. You might confirm that with him to make sure I heard that right. Friends of mine have ordered these from him and have had good luck. (Starting to spawn, etc.)

HtH's,

Brian Perkins
www.wildperu.net

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I got a trio from Wetspot a few months ago. The male is spawning with both females in the same tank. However, as my experience with breeding T. candidi years ago, they are typically female heavy. I was at the Cichlid Exchange (wholesale place of Wetspot which is not open for public) a month of so ago and notice all of them were females. Be sure to ask if they have a new shipment come in recently, otherwise you will mostlikely be disappointed.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I just check with Wetspot today and they have received a new batch of candidi with both sexes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….