• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Kribensis

Rod

5 Year Member
One of the first cichlids I bred were kribensis.....and that was a long time ago

I have noticed a steady decline in quality of fish offered for sale over the years and have decided to do something about it

I have been trying to develop a line where males are very colourful and have a lot of spots on the tail

I picked up a very nice male yesterday....very colourful and a dozen spots on the tail....Great breeding stock....but there is one problem....he is albino

I assume if I breed him with a normal female I will get 50% normal offspring or do I get 100% normal fish that carry the albino gene???....and
I'm hoping I will be able to selectively breed from these fry to get the traits from this male I desire.....and lose the albino trait???

Any geneticists like to comment?

Kaie

I just wanted to say good luck.

I just got a mated pair of these myself.

They are BEAUTIFUL.

ed seeley

Staff member
5 Year Member
There's a few posts on here Rod where we've thrashed this topic over a few times. A google search of the forum should find them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….