• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
0F636E59-A5AC-46FF-A292-893E3BFFB524.jpeg

I recently purchased a macmasteri pair and shipping conditions werent great.
6B8DCBDF-6310-41D6-AD17-9F35C42A8FA0.jpeg

thinking a possibility could be since the bags had so much air. I know the dead one happened because I found the bag flat and only 1/2 in of water for it to swim :( terrible. So am thinking possibly got damage from shipping. Since acclimating she’s been acting great. Exploring the tank and eating brine shrimp very well. Wondering if anyone knows more or has seen something like this and what can be done? I love these fish and would do anything to help her out.

CRD

Packaging seems ok to me. Little water, lots of o2, fish breathe oxygen. Sometimes shipping mortality happens. Good clean water, and high quality foods for the female, and all should be well.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Welcome Bigtuna, I have received 6 apistos once, and all were dead. Where were thy shipped from-to, was a heat pack used? In my case no heat pack=dead fish.

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Thank you both so much for getting back to me. Truly means a lot. Sent from Oregon to Southern California. Ended up as 3 day shipping based on tracking. Unfortunately no heat pack. Yea o2 is good if bag is upright so there’s enough to swim upright just bad luck that it tipped. Just wish it was secured since was sold as wild fish and really hoped I’d have a pair. Seller said didn’t look good but I don’t see anything protruding out past the scales like a parasite. Also doesn’t look like a fungus. Read that most apistos if anything would get parasites. I’m new to macmasteri and thought it wise to ask before treating it unnecessary.
Also my water parameters are from api master ph is 6.2 gh 1.5 kh 2 tds 150 can bring lower if needed. No ammonia nitrate/nitrite since it’s heavily planted.
Thanks again and I’ll continue to monitor her. Also so sorry to hear that 6 didn’t make it.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Mine too came from Or. [apisto Dave] but he quickly sent me 6 more and received those alive and well with a heat pack. Stay on top of the water changes and hopefully you'll be fine. The fish mat have died from just stress, some fish of the same kind are stronger and just ship better.

Bigtuna88

Apisto Club
Fish started getting slightly worse so was searching threads for similarities and found one that describes exactly what’s happening. In case anyone could use this info, it’s incredible. Started treatment last night and this morning looks a little better. Hopefully the trend continues. Will report if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….