• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID apistos from Manaus

Amazoniensis

Hi folks, a friend of me gave me wild apistos exported from Manaus,
i think they are members of regani group but can't find wich sp. exactly.
do you got an idea?
jqrn9e.jpg

1zggvnc.jpg

11iebeb.jpg

bi9yrd.jpg

2wegd2p.jpg

35au849.jpg

they are young, about 30mm

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Definitely a regani-complex species, but not the true A. regani. The true A. regani has an even edged caudal spot that almost covers the entire height of the caudal peduncle. It also has broader vertical bars and narrower light interstitial areas, and an anal spot. Regani-complex species can be hard to identify, but based on only these few photos I think that it is A. cf. regani "Trombetas" (A56). On the other hand, it might be the population of A. sp. Gelbwangen (A62) originally collected near Manacapuru.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. cf. regani; the holotype form of A. regani displays an anal spot. Your fish do not. Additionally, the vertical bars are narrower and the caudal spot is wider and not as high as on A. regani.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….