• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Howdy from Florida

Samala

Borelli fan here! Not new to tanks or Apistos but it has been many (gulp, many) years since I've had them. Spent a great deal of time fussing with marine planted tanks over the last decade or two.

I lurked as a high schooler on the Apisto Listserv and TheKrib (ah the good old late 90s). Enjoying seeing some familiar names still in the hobby and impressing all with their comprehensive knowledge. Exciting to see the community still has a home!

I've been obsessed with Borelli ever since seeing an illustration of a pair in A Complete Introduction to Community Aquariums by Herbert Axelrod published way back in 1987 which I used to read repetitively cover-to-cover for inspiration when I was a kid and could only afford a 10G with mollies! Oh boy.. Apistos in a community tank. The horror! ;)

I recently got my hands on a pair (well, I sure hope they're Borelli!) that are spawning machines and enjoying them immensely. Sure beats an illustration!

IMG_20200916_165752091.jpg

IMG_20200916_123110567.jpg

(Female hiding with another clutch currently.)

IMG_20200916_122905328.jpg

(Fry? Where?? At least 6 in this photo... this is why you don't use grayish sand in an Apisto tank. Sigh!)

Aquaman074

5 Year Member
Awesome, I am glad you still like apistos.
Your fish looks beautiful, hopefully you can post additional pictures.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum Samala, Borellii are one of my favorite, I have two females from a old batch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….