• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hikari ultimate

Don cheech

l was considering using Hikari Ultimate water conditioner but I am concerned, my ph is around 6.8 they mention that ultimate will slowly raise your ph, apistos generally don’t prefer high ph so would you recommend using it ?

MacZ

You only need a de-chlorinator I suppose? Something containing basically only Sodiumthiosulfate (sometimes you find the name sodium dithionite, it's the same.) and no other ingredients besides water should be your first choice. I never thought I'd ever recommend Seachem, but Prime is all you need.

Don cheech

You only need a de-chlorinator I suppose? Something containing basically only Sodiumthiosulfate (sometimes you find the name sodium dithionite, it's the same.) and no other ingredients besides water should be your first choice. I never thought I'd ever recommend Seachem, but Prime is all you need.
Yes prime is also what I use.
I was intrigued not just by the many positive reviews on ultimate but also bye what so many people were saying, it sounded to good to be true, but I am a firm believer in not using chemicals. I use prime stability and liquid fertilizer once a week

MacZ

I was intrigued not just by the many positive reviews on ultimate but also bye what so many people were saying, it sounded to good to be true, but I am a firm believer in not using chemicals.
The hikari stuff is snake oil.

I'm fortunate to live in a country where chlorine and chloramine are removed from the tapwater before it is send into the system. So I don't need a dechlorinator.
I only use pure RO water and home-made brew of leaves and elder cones for humic substances. Once a months less than 5ml of liquid fertilizer for the plants. And that's it.

You can stop using Stability. Once the microbiome is established there is no more need for bacteria. Additionally it is very likely that your tank has established a profile of bacteria species that does not even fit the ones in Stability.

Don cheech

The hikari stuff is snake oil.

I'm fortunate to live in a country where chlorine and chloramine are removed from the tapwater before it is send into the system. So I don't need a dechlorinator.
I only use pure RO water and home-made brew of leaves and elder cones for humic substances. Once a months less than 5ml of liquid fertilizer for the plants. And that's it.

You can stop using Stability. Once the microbiome is established there is no more need for bacteria. Additionally it is very likely that your tank has established a profile of bacteria species that does not even fit the ones in Stability.
Thanks good to know if you’re feeling generous with any other tips l’ll take them

Don cheech

Thanks good to know if you’re feeling generous with any other tips l’ll take them
I have been trying to get back to an article on how this guy says the industry is rigged for you to spend money and how you don’t need all of these products and all you need is outside. I think it was Dr fish or something like that.

Don cheech

I have been trying to get back to an article on how this guy says the industry is rigged for you to spend money and how you don’t need all of these products and all you need is outside. I think it was Dr fish or something like that.
Sorry to keep bothering you but I wanted to know if you have ever followed or watched the u tube video father fish it sounds very interesting what he saying if you haven’t check it out and let me know what you think. I am considering changing the way I set up and maintain my aquariums based on what he says but I don’t want to make a quick decision l would like other experienced opinions

MacZ

I have been trying to get back to an article on how this guy says the industry is rigged for you to spend money and how you don’t need all of these products and all you need is outside.
I don't think you get EVERYTHING outside, but I'm a big fan of doing thingy DIY (not a fan of the king of DYI, though. Blasting through the lives of three arowana in a few months... no thanks.) and "for cheap/free" solutions.

Sorry to keep bothering you but I wanted to know if you have ever followed or watched the u tube video father fish it sounds very interesting what he saying if you haven’t check it out and let me know what you think. I am considering changing the way I set up and maintain my aquariums based on what he says but I don’t want to make a quick decision l would like other experienced opinions
I've watched some of his videos, We have some people like him here in Germany, too. In the basics I'm not opposed. What makes me angry is the fact many of these people are adamant their practice fits all and everything and everybody else is doing it wrong. Yeah, I have some strong opinions as well, but my baseline is: Tailor your tank and your water to the fishes needs and otherwise simply be a responsible adult of a fishkeeper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….