• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hiding & color

MudFrog

5 Year Member
A few questions for all you experienced hobbyist...

I have several different dwarf cichlids in a 90 gallon. It is a very well planted tank. I only see one or two of the small little guys...is that normal? I see rams and Opals daily but the other do not come out. They were very small when I got them ...1/2 inch to 1 inch. Are they going to starve? Feeding a wide variety of food...flake, live, frozen, etc...

Will they color up more when they get older....a bit on the cheeks and tails now...I don't know how old they are but very small.

I also have a 70 gallon with only three dwarfs and they are at the glass waiting for me... tank mates: yo yo's, pleco, syno cats.... Sparsely planted. These are a bit older and doing great!

I don't have water perimeters and will try to post tonight. I just recieved water test kit and need to read up. LOL

Much appreciated, Lisa

F

fish ranch

After they get use to the tank they'll come out more and more when there at a young age they ten to be more shy then anything and will come around.
I've just gotten the ones I have now but have had them before and the same thing happened to me when there young they are like shy little kids they ten to hide alot. But when they got older they where seen all the time.Also My cockato full reds I got now they also really young and they swim all over the front of the tank. So it depends on the fish but normally they ten to hide at frist .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….