• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help, looking for steindachneri females

ddaquaria

5 Year Member
I'm looking for Apisto steindachneri females. It is funny telling people this since the first thing they say is "those use to be everywhere a few years ago, but now you just don't see them anymore." I received a male while purchasing some nannacara, and I want to make him happy. (That sounded kind of sappy didn't it.) Really, I don't like to have apistos without a mate or mates. Anyone know where I may be able to find females?

Neil

ddaquaria,
It has been awhile since I have fooled with that fish. It was so common a few years ago that I lost interest. It certainly wasn't because it is not a nice looking fish!!! Now it does seem like they are not around much. But the wholesaler here gets them in on occasion, I think. They also sometimes come in as contaminants with other fish, like tetras and such.
I would put some probes out to your LFS to keep an eye out when they pick up their fish from the wholesaler.
Neil

ddaquaria

5 Year Member
Thanks for the reply, Neil. A friend at the LFS is going to South America later in the year and I have asked him to bring me back a few if he is in the correct areas. The way I acquired mine was as a contaminant. I remember when I saw it...I said that's a large male nannacara without any of the green color. The reply I received was "there are all kinds and variations of nannacara - it may not be anomola"

Neil

Well, the guy was right. I guess he just didn't account for the fact that it was in a different genus. At least he didn't tell you that it was an anomala with make-up on :oops: .
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….