• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help i've got hydra

ragmansrams

5 Year Member
i've got hydra in one of my tanks and copper quit working do they become imune to copper what do i do now

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Go somewhere-- sometimes vets have it --and get some flubendazole it kills them quick and doesnt bother the fish even fry

Z Man

5 Year Member
I usually got Hydra from overfeeding newly hatched baby brine shrimp. My friend Delores Schehr of Wet Thumbs Aquatic put me on to "fluke tabs". Use 1/2 tablet for each 10 gallon of water. Crush it and mix it in a small container of tank water and just dump it in. Not harmful to anything in your tank and the Hydra will be completely gone in less than two hours.

Sir_BlackhOle

5 Year Member
To rid one of my tanks I discontinued bbs feeding and switched to cyclopeeze for a while. They eventually disapeared.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Just curious.. what brand of brine cysts are you using? I have used some brands that are really bad about having too many hydra ephippia, and other brands that have had no problems at all.

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Brands dont matter it's the over feeding, that increases the Hydra pop--they are always there but when you over feed they increase

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….