• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Singapore

Slashersz

Hi, i have been keeping apisto for a few months before finding this site. Such small colorful fishes, i could stare at them all day if i could :)

I have kept A. Cacatuoides "super red" 1 male 2 female before, but sadly 1 pair passed from disease :(

Currently have 2 pairs of A. Macmasteri! One pair has actually just laid eggs, this is the second time this pair laid eggs and the first batch somehow disappeared on the second day :( i fear this batch may have the same fate..

A. Mac.jpeg

On a side note, I also have a pair of Ivancara Adoketa! Although they are not apistogramma, they're a beautiful dwarf cichlid :)

FishEZ

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. if I understand you right, it would appear that the eggs disappeared suddenly. If it's the pair in your photo, then I would wonder if by chance one of those catfish didn't get at the eggs in a single night and make a feast of them. The Ivanacara Adoketa appear to be a very beautiful fish as well. I have never seen those before.

Slashersz

Welcome to the forum. if I understand you right, it would appear that the eggs disappeared suddenly. If it's the pair in your photo, then I would wonder if by chance one of those catfish didn't get at the eggs in a single night and make a feast of them. The Ivanacara Adoketa appear to be a very beautiful fish as well. I have never seen those before.

Ahh, this is an old photo. The first batch wasn't in this tank, this is my spare tanks full of catfishes :) They were originally with only otos. They're now in a different tank

The I. Adoketa i have right now are still small, so breeding won't be possible until a few more months :) Separated them for now but here's a picture :)
Adoketa.jpeg

boofeng

Hi, i have been keeping apisto for a few months before finding this site. Such small colorful fishes, i could stare at them all day if i could :)

I have kept A. Cacatuoides "super red" 1 male 2 female before, but sadly 1 pair passed from disease :(

Currently have 2 pairs of A. Macmasteri! One pair has actually just laid eggs, this is the second time this pair laid eggs and the first batch somehow disappeared on the second day :( i fear this batch may have the same fate..

View attachment 7934

On a side note, I also have a pair of Ivancara Adoketa! Although they are not apistogramma, they're a beautiful dwarf cichlid :)
Hello and welcome!

I'm from Singapore too! :D

HengLee

Nice fish and tank!

I've some suggestions for the container that you used to isolate/keep your Adoketa.
You might want to drill bigger holes on the container especially at the bottom side to allow more water to flow through it. But you have to use a very low power drill so that it won't break/damage the container.
This will allow the water inside the container to be changed/renewed more quickly.

You might also want to put an airstone or sponge filter directly below the container.
This will also help to push water into the container quickly and help to change the water inside the container.

These will ensure your fish is healthy with the constant change of water inside the container and have enough oxygen.
Hope you understand my explanation.

Slashersz

Nice fish and tank!

I've some suggestions for the container that you used to isolate/keep your Adoketa.
You might want to drill bigger holes on the container especially at the bottom side to allow more water to flow through it. But you have to use a very low power drill so that it won't break/damage the container.
This will allow the water inside the container to be changed/renewed more quickly.

You might also want to put an airstone or sponge filter directly below the container.
This will also help to push water into the container quickly and help to change the water inside the container.

These will ensure your fish is healthy with the constant change of water inside the container and have enough oxygen.
Hope you understand my explanation.

Hi! The female has been long out of the box and together with the male without much issues :) in fact their colours are more prominent now, except during the occassional fights..

Attachments

• A6F5B1C1-C4A3-4406-BFAE-1D7021A3015E.jpeg
    A6F5B1C1-C4A3-4406-BFAE-1D7021A3015E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 269

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….