• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Thailand

bettawan

Sawatdee Khrap....( Hello )

I'm Jeff, from the Uk originally, I have been in Thailand for the last 6 years. We are lucky, we have 2 large lakes either side of our home we rent and both are filled with Wild_Thai freshwater species including Giant Gourami's, Koi, Roach, Rudd, Several Species of Catfish, Golden Price Carp, 3 kilo + Paca, a couple of 3ft Aligator Gar and also many other species but I'm not sure what they are.

1. This lake belongs to my wifes family who we rent our home from. This pic is taken from the top end from the garden.

sab.jpg

2. Same lake but pic taken from bottom end.

sab4.jpg

3. This is the village lake with our home to the right. This lake provides our village with all our water needs except for drinking water. This pic was taken in August 2 years ago before the rains came. Both lakes usually break their banks at the end of the rainy season, usually end of October/November. But saying that only beginning of last month when the rains started we where hit by flash floods at 4am in the morning, while we where sleeping. We where awoken to a big splash noise, which was our wardrobe..I jumped out of bed and was stood in 1ft of water...everyroom was flooded and we had fish swimming everywhere...3 ilb Golden Price Carp where jumping out of the water in the rooms as they mated and once the water subsided and we started the job of cleaning up we discovered millions and millions of eggs...tried saving them by replacing them in the lake but I think they where destroyed due to air getting to them.

julyaug-004.jpg

Right me off to see what the rest of you are up to on the forum...

Laeo phop kan na.....( See You Later )

briztoon

5 Year Member
G'day Jeff and welcome.

I've seen you around a couple of the Aussie forums and use your ketapang leaves (bought from Fishchicks) in my dwarf cichlid tanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….