• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Experiences with Teleocichla-species?

E

elisabethen_DK

Hi guys!

I'm new at Apistogramma.com, so a short presentation may be in orden..

I'm a 20 year old female fra Copenhagen, DK. I've owned and bred different species of dwarf cichlids over the past aprox. 5 years, mostly Apisto's. I'm administator at the danish aquartics forum, akvariesiden.dk, where I'm writing and translating a bunch of articles on SA species.

Happy to be here :)

And now to my question...

Teleocichla's are not fish, that are common in DK. Actually, I've never seen one, and the danish stores doesn't seem to sell them.
It so happens, that I'm going to Sweden next week to visit a bunch for fish shops there... And, according to their stock lists, they seem to have a fem Teleocichla-species...
So far I haven't been able to find a lot of information on these fish... Can anyone here perhaps help me?
I'm especially seeking information on how to decorate their tank, what size the tank should be etc.
Are they kept in pairs, trios or groups?
Do they easily take dead food, like fx frozen bloodworms?

That's all for now :)

Elisabeth

B

banderbe

elisabethen_DK said:
Hi guys!

I'm new at Apistogramma.com, so a short presentation may be in orden..

I'm a 20 year old female fra Copenhagen, DK. I've owned and bred different species of dwarf cichlids over the past aprox. 5 years, mostly Apisto's. I'm administator at the danish aquartics forum, akvariesiden.dk, where I'm writing and translating a bunch of articles on SA species.

Happy to be here :)

And now to my question...

Teleocichla's are not fish, that are common in DK. Actually, I've never seen one, and the danish stores doesn't seem to sell them.
It so happens, that I'm going to Sweden next week to visit a bunch for fish shops there... And, according to their stock lists, they seem to have a fem Teleocichla-species...
So far I haven't been able to find a lot of information on these fish... Can anyone here perhaps help me?
I'm especially seeking information on how to decorate their tank, what size the tank should be etc.
Are they kept in pairs, trios or groups?
Do they easily take dead food, like fx frozen bloodworms?

That's all for now :)

Elisabeth

There's a bit of info towards the bottom of this article:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/dwarf_pike_cichlids.php

Z Man

5 Year Member
I have purchased a few pair of different Teleocichla that I paid quite a high price for at different times from Julio when he still lived in the US. They were like about $40 or $50 a pair. I tried pairs in a 30 breeder but they didn't last too long. Just a few months if that. The female was always the nasty one and I always ended up with just the one fish. It has to be a very densely planted tank where you hardly see the fish so they don't see each other and fight. I fed them newly hatched BBS and frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms. Never saw an egg either!

blueblue

5 Year Member
Romer's Cichlid Atlas I has a lot of descriptions, you may take a look.

i also recently acquired a pair and i'm observing their behavior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….