• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dicrossus filamentosus

MacZ

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Messages
4,449
Location
Germany
And Mike is more experienced, mileage may and can vary. also 75 or 80cm... same difference.
 

anewbie

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Messages
2,926
Given their large size i would recommend a 40B in usa. I have a pair of males for a couple of years now in my discus aquarium which is 72x24 and they can cover the territory pretty quickly. That doesn't mean a 20 long isn't fine - having said that i'm not beyond putting a 3 inch fish in a 10 so perhaps i should be careful where i throw stones.
 

dw1305

Well-Known Member
5 Year Member
Messages
3,033
Location
Wiltshire UK
Hi all,
Actually a trio (1 male, 2 females). Of course experience keeping dwarfs is helpful.
I still have mine, one male, three females.

I've been away from home for a month, so they have been on dry food. The tank was full of Ceratopteris when I got home, but the fish have been fine.

The Axelrodia riesei look more coloured, but I don't know why. They will have got more Astax crumb than normal <"https://apistogramma.com/forum/threads/are-frozen-bloodworm-cubes-bad.30069/#post-136920">

This was after they got some mosquito larvae and Daphnia.

1000016146.jpg


Cheers Darrel
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
18,793
Messages
125,219
Members
13,677
Latest member
marka2018

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top