• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dario dario

fatpuffer

5 Year Member
Dario dario

Male:
22Feb2.jpg

Male (fighting for territory) :
22Feb5.jpg

22Feb1.jpg

Js

blueblue

5 Year Member
Beautiful photos and it is an interesting species :)

(P.S: Despite its small size and quite similar behaviours as apistos,
it is actually not a cichlid..)

fatpuffer

5 Year Member
Sorry...forgot about that. They remind me so much of cichlids sometimes I forget their are not!

Js

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sorry...forgot about that. They remind me so much of cichlids sometimes I forget their are not!

Js

No problem! They are sort of the "missing link" between anabantiodes and cichlids.

Any chance you can post some pics of the girl(s)? Everytime I get this fish I end up with all males!

Jeff

fatpuffer

5 Year Member
I will get some female pix when I can. The female hides a lot.

Js

EDIT: Found some older pics with females

DarioAfterWC2.jpg

FISH3.jpg

IndianaSam

5 Year Member
Great fish!

I have a 40 gallon tank dedicated to D. dario going right now. They're just such an interesting species.

Funny thing, though. Everyone has reported having problems getting females, but my offspring seem to have a nearly 50/50 sex ration. I guess I'm lucky.

T

taygu

I used to keep this beautiful fish too but the need to feed tham with live fopod is a challenges. Do you feed them with only live food too?

Regards,
Joe.

GalaxiePete

5 Year Member
Anyone know where I might find some? (In Michigan but willing to ship if I have to.) I have been looking for these guys for a while. I have found Badis Badis in the Detroit area, but no D. Dario...

Pete

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….