• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

55G apisto stocking

Thalassa

Hi all,

I have a 55G heavily scaped with rocks and plants that provide a huge amount of cover, caves, cracks, crevices, etc. I currently have 2 pair borelli, 2 pair black tiger dario, 5 white clouds, 5 celestial pearl danio, a pleco and tons of chery shrimp. its currently a coldwater tank ranging from 59 - 70. Nitrate Nitrite levels never detectable. I was thinking about taking the temp up to 72-74 and bringing in my breeding pair of cacatuoides. given my really small stock level would this work? I have so many shrimp and the tank is so large I think they would survive but don't really care so much. what I really care about are my A Borellii. what do you think?

Thanks

Aquaticloch

In short no. That tank is already a compromise for all fish. Especially the tiger dario pairs with apistos. I think it would be foolhardy to put a more aggressive and demanding apisto in a very precarious situation. Do you have photos of the tank?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I wouldn't chance it personally. The current population kinda puts things in a different direction. Get a separate tank for the cacatuoides! :D

anewbie

I wouldn't add cockatoo to that soup. Too large - too aggressive - asking for trouble. I once made a huge mistake of moving a single full size male into a 29 that only had a runt of a male with a deformed mouth. Guess which one was torn to pieces that night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….