• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

breeding habits of cre. nothophthalmus

D

declivis

hey, can anyone tell me if crenicichla nothophthalmus are open or cave spawners? i think they are cave brooders, but i'm not 100% sure

Z Man

5 Year Member
Yes they are cave spwners. I hope you have a very large tank as she gets pretty nasty. I tried in a 30-breeder but alas it was too small.

D

declivis

thanks for the info....i dont have them yet. i'm gonna try a 38 with several other dwarfs.....we'll see what happens.

Zapisto

5 Year Member
if i can say something.

Hiding place, Hiding place, Hiding place, Hiding place, Hiding place
and
if didn't understand Hiding place :)

and i am totally agree with Z-Man about the tank size.
wow they can be very very nasty.

pikette

5 Year Member
First you need a bonded pair.

Then you could use a 30 breeder or a 30 gal tank. IMHO, if they are bonded, they would probably spawn in a 20 long.

However, watch out if the spawn fails. There will be a deadly divorce.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….