• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Borelli fighting

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
I have what I bought as a pair of young A.Borelli. Today I saw them locking jaws, The one isn`t colored up yet so i`m not sure if it`s really a female. Would a m/f pair fight like that?

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
Thanks Mike, I was scared for a moment there. I`d hate to have to return one after getting used to having them around. I get attached easily to my fish.

Cathy G

5 Year Member
I'm not experienced with many apistos, but have spawned both blue and bolivian rams, and the borelli a few times now. The fry from the rams school together, they get a little pushy when they are mature, but until then they get along fairly well. The borelli on the other hand start getting snippy with each other after a couple of weeks it seems! I don't think they like each other much...

Cathy

MaryJPa

5 Year Member
Well I honestly do think they`re both male just by looking at their colors,yesterday I think the one was just faded out from stress. The guy I got them from will do good by me ,i did email him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….