• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blue v. Bolivian Rams?

Daryl

5 Year Member
Hey All,

About 6 weeks ago I purchased my first Blue Rams. I bought a young trio (1m :2f) with the hope that I would eventually get a pair (which I still may).

What I've noticed is that these guys are far more shy than my Bolivians ever were... Is this typical behaviour?:confused:

I was hoping these guys would have at least half the personality of my Bolivians... :frown:

new2rams

5 Year Member
thats funny daryl.i bought a pair of blues first,and my two bolivians two weeks later.it`s my bolivians that are chased all over heck,and hide.and the little blues run the place.the bolivians are three times as big as my blues! go figure.

Cathy G

5 Year Member
My Blues chase my Bolivians too...

Give them time. Do you have dither fish in with them? They will come out of hiding with other fish swimming around.

They don't have the personality of Bolivians though. Probably because they aren't shoaling fish like Bolivians are... They just don't have the interesting behavior patterns.

Cathy

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

5 Year Member
haven't got Bolivians, but wouldn't say that ramierezi lack character. I have a couple in with some Geophagus Tapajos Orange Head and they show huge amount of interaction, both between each other and with the other fish.

and if you get a good strain, they are so much prettier than Bolivians (admittedly not ugly fish either) Its a pity that the genetics of the rams are so screwed up by the far east breeders. because I've found my Dutch strain to be rather hardy little fish, nowhere near as difficult as a lot of books and websites make out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….