• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back style swimming

mordor

5 Year Member
I was too busy and I had not changed water for 3 weeks. One Day I noticed that A. Macmasteri is swimming upside down. I check water parameters. Phosfates were off chart. I did quick 50% water change, and another next day. Phosfates are down and fish are swimming normally again :p Is back style swimming symptom of poisoning?

Neil

I have never seen that before. Very interesting! How long did it take for the fish to stop the backstroke after the reduction of phosphates?

Eva32181

5 Year Member
Smart fish! His acrobatics got you to remedy his water-chemistry qualms, didn't it? I wish my fish would tell me when they need their water changed . . . my cat sure lets me know about his litterbox!

mordor

5 Year Member
I did 50% water changes two day in row. After first nothing has changed, they stay apatic at the bottom and some were swimming verticaly. Next day I noticed one Macmasteri swimming backstyle I did another huge water change, maybe it was a little more that 50%. They seemed to feel better after couple minutes. Macmasteri were mostly affected other apistos, cacs and panduro, seemed to be slower than usually but still ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….