• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma purchase advice

kgazos

Currently I have a pair of Apistogramma Macmasteris and Agassiziis. I want to buy a pair/trio/colony of Trifasciatas. Would you recommend buying mora than 3? Also can I have a trio or a colony of Agassiziis or would it be too many? And if so can any of those Apisto species coexist in the same aquarium or not? I have many options on how to house them. I have an empty 125gal and a divided 60gal, both densely planted with lots of driftwood and leaf litter.

kgazos

Thank you. So what would work better, 5-6 Agassiziis or 5-6 Trifasciatas in the 125 gallon?

MacZ

There are too many factors to answer your question with an "a or b" and provided the conditions are generally good to perfect it comes down to your taste. I'd probably only get a trio 1m/2f. Minimizes problems.

And before you ask, I agree with Mike otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….