• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizi "Gold" ??

eageraquarist

5 Year Member
A LFS has a tank of agassizi labeled as gold, I didnt get any pictures unfortunately, I didnt have my camera and the shop is 40 minutes away. I am positive they are agassizi (same body shape, spearhead tail, and the black lateral line), but they had a a gold swath from their chin to pectoral fins and a light colored tail. Has anyone heard of this color morph or maybe help me verify.

Thanks

JRH

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Here again is a commercial name that really is nothing but descriptive. It could be any agassizii form with some yellow on it. A. agassizii is a very polychromatic species. Without photos, I couldn't say what they are. Here is a species that I keep: http://www.mtfb.com/MTFBJuly2005/JULY2005pagesIMAGES/105wisearticle2.htm. It doesn't quite match your description, but the caudal does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….