• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto with discus or labs?

traco

5 Year Member
My female apisto cac has spawned. I want to take the male out as he is not a good dad. He was caught sneaking around, snatching the fry and eating them, little bugger! She is a really good mom so I will leave her with the fry in the 29 gallon planted tank.

Can he go into my 90 gallon discus tank with discus, cories, angels, rummy nose tetras or my 65 gallon yellow lab/estherae tank? The labs/esths are around 2" so still juvies. He is probably about the same size as them.

Thanks.

Barb

Griz

5 Year Member
Your 90 gal should have water conditions that are more to his liking. Also, I don't see and compatablility issues with those fish. Not sure how he would get on with Africans but my guess is that you will have problems.

traco

5 Year Member
Thank you, Griz. I kind of thought that but wanted to make sure. Plus when I want to catch him again, could you just picture having to remove all the rock in the African tank?!

A

apistos down under

watch his growth rate

after a couple of months in that tank he will grow nearly another inch and half and develop a huge gob and you will start having dissapearing rummy nose issues

fishfarm

5 Year Member
I want to see the Apisto that can eat a rummy nose. LOL That's BS. Rummynose get nearly 3". Put him in the discus tank, he'll be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….