• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto uaupesi

MonteSS

Anyone keep these? Anything I need to know about them or keeping them. I may have some available to me.

Thanks....Bill

Tom C

5 Year Member
Mine A. uaupesi brought out freeswimming fry yesterday...

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

resizeimage.aspx

Nothing special, really; fine sand, lots of wood/hiding places/caves, floating plants to reduce the light, low water movement, very soft peat filtered water with a pH of 5 - 5,5.
Copell callolepis as dithers/target fish.

Krimson_Rose

I know this thread is pretty old, but I was wondering...for those that have bred A. uaupesi...what color changes did you observe when breeding? My male has changed dramatically the last few days. Dark, almost solid black head & white almost washed out body. He has been poking at the female's belly too. I know my pH isn't low enough yet, but I was just wondering what others have observed. There isn't a lot of reliable info on these guys! I will try to add a video later!

Krimson_Rose

Well never mind on the breeding colors. My male just up & died last night! No idea why...he was eating well & displaying to the female. Really bums me out, because they are hard to find! He was one of my favorite fish.

Krimson_Rose

Any idea what the cause of death is? Mine was black for almost 2 weeks & was healthy, active, & displaying for the female & then suddenly died. I'd really like know the cause, so it can be prevented.

Does anyone know where I can get another one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….