• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto eggs in 86 temp

Laura

Added new ottos without quaranteen, DUMB, and they brought in ick just as my triple reds started to spawn. Seems she has laid eggs but will my hotter temp cook the eggs and or fry?? Will this speed up hatching as well ?Popped in a 9wt UV and got temp up to 86 and increased circulation.......doing water changes as well. Thanks

WuddyWoodpeckah

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum.

I have apisto steindachneri breeding with my discus, temp at 86F. Shouldnt be a problem, although I think over the longer term this will reduce longetivity of the apistos.

Good luck.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
If the eggs do hatch out and the fry survive be ready for a male heavy if not all male batch of little ones. Higher temps lead to a higher % of males in most Apistos.

Laura

Welcome to the forum.

I have apisto steindachneri breeding with my discus, temp at 86F. Shouldnt be a problem, although I think over the longer term this will reduce longetivity of the apistos.

Good luck.

Thanks, will wait the ick out then lower temp back to 80-82, do you think that is better for the apistos?? Laura

WuddyWoodpeckah

5 Year Member
I would ideally put the temperature at 76-78 F after you are done with your ick treatment.

Like Jeff (Aquaticclarity) said, a higher temperature over the first month will give you a skewed sex ratio with mostly males in the spawn, especially at anything above 79F.

Good luck.

Laura

I would ideally put the temperature at 76-78 F after you are done with your ick treatment.

Like Jeff (Aquaticclarity) said, a higher temperature over the first month will give you a skewed sex ratio with mostly males in the spawn, especially at anything above 79F.

Good luck.

Thank you both !!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….