• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistgramma eunotus

K

karl

hi can any one give me up to date info on apistogramma eunotus. plus ive got about 50 viejita fry they have been free swiming for 5 days is it safe to remove the female they are in a 30ins by 15 by 12ins tankand they are eating dry food and sived daphnia

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, the most I can say about them is they (eunotus) seem to be addictive! I got a bunch of new fish recently and started sending the pics to Germany and everytime I got the E-mail back saying they were Eunotus. These fish all looked different to me! I think they are really wide spread and have many color forms--turns out in the end mine are the Orangeschwanz CF nice fish, not difficult to keep or breed.

2la

5 Year Member
Dave, do you have any more eunotus in stock? I missed out by a mere 10 minutes on getting a full-grown adult male from my LFS. Books simply do not do this fish justice. Now, I'm all about bitaeniata--IMO among the most beautiful fish of ANY type, dwarf cichlid or not--but the eunotus was downright IMPRESSIVE. Tall dorsal with long extensions, long anal fin, vibrant orange caudal, blue-green sheen on the body, and a very pleasing overall shape...strutting around the tank like a peacock! I could kick myself for missing out. If you have any, I'd be extremely interested. Thanks...

2la

5 Year Member
Sorry, Dave, I edited my post but for some reason the edited version isn't showing up. Anyways, I didn't realize you were a wholesale distributor until I saw your website in full, and I obviously can't meet the minimums. Thanks anyway, and sorry for the inconvenience!

2la

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….