• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone here kept any Endler's?

jeepjon

5 Year Member
I was wondering if anyone has kept Endler's livebearers with their dwarfs, or just without...and what you thought about the fish. Are they worth the difference in price/availability other than a standard guppy? Should I just try to find some wild guppies?

Thanks,
Jon

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have kept Endler's Livebearer before. In my opinion there is no real difference in their care & that of the guppy. Since I like wild fish, I prefer them to fancy guppies, but see no real difference in the attractiveness between them and some of the better colored wild guppies.

MudFrog

5 Year Member
I still keep Endlers..lol Mike is correct.... there really is no difference... except for some of the behavioral traits... and of course the way they look... They are much smaller so you can keep them in a variety of containers...

I like them.. can you tell..lol

Lisa

jeepjon

5 Year Member
I would really like to keep endler's, but I can't find any here in Ohio? Where did you guys get yours? Did you mail order them? I really hate mail ordering fish. I can't see spending $25 in shipping for $20 worth of fish....although I have considered it, and my wife keeps on asking me what I want for my birthday.

I even have a 2.5 gallon planted tank that I was trying for an "amano" style aquarium, with a trio of endler's as a centerpiece...but I can't figure out where to get the silly guys.

Nobody here wants to sell any, do they? I would be willing to pick them up from semi-local to Cleveland?

Also, do they need heated tanks? I was thinking they probably do, but I know some people keep guppies in smaller, unheated tanks. I mean, not incredibly cold...like 74-72 degree water?

Anyway...I'll still keep my quest up. I also like wild fish, which is why I really would like to get the Endler's, and maybe even breed them.

But, we'll see.

-Jon

MudFrog

5 Year Member
Jon~

I got my first ones from Bob at Endlersr.us and I didn't pay a fortune for them. They ship really well. You can ship them priority for under 10.00 I believe.. If I had an abundance I woudn't mind selling you some... but I just transfered mine to my fish room and they haven't start producing yet.

If you don't find any go on endlersr.us and ask for someone in your state... you should find someone.. Michigan, Indiana, and MO area has a large population of endler lovers.

Believe it or not aquabid has them for decient prices too...check them out.

Heating the tank is a must in the winter.. I don't let mine get below 74 .. and you guys have just about the same winters as us in MI...

Good luck!!

jeepjon

5 Year Member
I looked on EndlersRus, and I found some reasonable prices, with only about $10 shipping! That is a better bet! They are Class N, too! I may get my tanks ready! I have to sort out my Blue Ram problem first (two males in a 10 gallon...). I'm going to add some flowerpots to see if that helps, and then remove one and replace with another (hopefully) female.
-Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….