• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone have this book?

C

chrisgreat

I have a question about a book I hope someone can answer. Does anyone have The Fascination Of Breeding Aquarium Fish by Axelrod and Sweeny? I know it's a slightly older book but if it's as good as I've seen it reviewed, it will be worth it. Plus, I've wanted it for years but never actually saw it. Too expensive back then too.
Anyway, my problem is that it's by Axelrod. I know, I know, he's done a TON for the hobby and I don't dispute that. My problem is that some of the stuff he wrote was later repackaged and reprinted and passed off as being new. I already have all his older series of books on Breeding Aquarium Fishes and I really don't want to spend a ton of money for a book that only has new pictures (to me) but no new information.
I'm wondering if anyone has the book and can tell me if it's worth getting - finally. Better yet, if someone has both the big book and at least one of the smaller, older books, maybe they could tell me if the information is the same in each.
I honestly think the book will be good but I tend to be a bit cautious if I haven't actually seen the book in person.
Thanks for your help. Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….