• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any experience with Repashy foods?

Mr. Appleton

Hi,

I recently tried a sample of the gel based Repashy foods and while my shrimp/otocinclus/snails took to it immediately, I've been having some trouble getting the apistos to give it a shot.

I've tried sinking it, floating it half-way up, everything. I've had the best luck with grating it but even then they don't seem to particularly care for it.

This is with the Community + mixture of it.

I'm considering trying the meat pie but thought I'd post here to see if anybody has had success feeding their apistos on Repashy?

Thanks!

Mr. Appleton

I've been feeding a mix of flake and sinking food supplemented with frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. They do love their brine shrimp! Just lookin to try to diversify their meal options!

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have A. caetae, A. beanschi, A. sp. rotpunkt, A. sp. blackchin (a couple adult females) and some wild A. bitaeniata, and all of them eat the Repashy meat pie, community plus and shrimp souffle. All of my west African cichlids eat it, and so do the two Nannacara sp. I have at the moment (N. sp. Somourou and N. taenia).

I answer a lot of questions about Repashy Superfoods (I sell it... www.tedsfishroom.com), and most of the people who have trouble getting their fish to eat it are changing over from solely live food. That is petty common for apisto keepers! The story I often hear is that Repashy is offered, the fish stare at it and then the keeper feeds the live food as normal. If that is the case, and if you really want to get your fish onto Repashy (which really is excellent food), then you are going to have to exert some tough love on the fish. No live food for a couple weeks. When the fish are hungry, they will eat the Repashy. One trick is to mix some of the live (or frozen... if that is what you are feeding) food in with the Repashy gel food when you make it. That will give the food the smell of the food they are used to.

aarhud

5 Year Member
I feed exclusively NLS and I never had any luck switching fish to Repashy. I tried on a variety of fish, (Tangs, SA, CA) and the result was pretty much the same, they would stare and occasionally pick. I wanted to use the food for fry, but they would not readily eat it, where as they ate grounded up NLS.

Considering repashy is marketed at being extremely palatable, I found it odd that fry took NLS (A lot of hobbyist seem to have trouble getting their fish to take NLS) over repashy. I'm sure my experience will not be common with others, just thought I'd share.

fredmir1

5 Year Member
I have A. caetae, A. beanschi, A. sp. rotpunkt, A. sp. blackchin (a couple adult females) and some wild A. bitaeniata, and all of them eat the Repashy meat pie, community plus and shrimp souffle. All of my west African cichlids eat it, and so do the two Nannacara sp. I have at the moment (N. sp. Somourou and N. taenia).

I answer a lot of questions about Repashy Superfoods (I sell it... www.tedsfishroom.com), and most of the people who have trouble getting their fish to eat it are changing over from solely live food. That is petty common for apisto keepers! The story I often hear is that Repashy is offered, the fish stare at it and then the keeper feeds the live food as normal. If that is the case, and if you really want to get your fish onto Repashy (which really is excellent food), then you are going to have to exert some tough love on the fish. No live food for a couple weeks. When the fish are hungry, they will eat the Repashy. One trick is to mix some of the live (or frozen... if that is what you are feeding) food in with the Repashy gel food when you make it. That will give the food the smell of the food they are used to.

fredmir1

5 Year Member
My Apisto fry`s and young Adult love the Repashy food. I haven` try feeding it to my breeder's yet. I l like Repashy food , so much,I`m selling the food myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apistokeeper

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….