• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Air pump for fish room

farm41

5 Year Member
My fishroom is almost complete, needing to buy an airpump. I have been looking at the 60-80 watt pumps at Jehmco and AES.

Has any tried one of the off shore brands that are selling on ebay and aquabid?

Or, do you have a good pump for sale?

scott

5 Year Member
i'm am looking for a pump as well, not quite that big though. after a little looking i think i am going to get mine from www.kensfish.com. he is a member of my fish club and a great guy. i don't know if you would be interested in his stuff but it doesn't hurt to take a look.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I use a 1/10 horse power turbine blower made by Aquanetics in Califorinia. I have it plumbed to 1½" PVC pipe. I gives me more air than my little 12x12' fish room can handle. I have to bleed off some of the air to avoid blowing off airline tubing! I plugged it in in 1980 and haven't had to touch it since then!

farm41

5 Year Member
Got a pump at the lfs this week, going to connect today. It is a Medo linear piston, 88 watt. Sounds quiet so far, I think it will be even quieter when connected to the manifold.

The new fishroom finally has tanks in it. :biggrin:

scott

5 Year Member
won makes a large diaphram pump. it costs about $67 and i am using it to runn about 22 tanks and still have alot of air to spare. i'm sure the linear pump is better but for the price i'm happy with what i got. i hope you are also happy with your new pump.

farm41

5 Year Member
I have it hooked up to 8 sponge filters, and bubbling 4 daphnia tanks, lots of air left. Hopefully, I will get the bottom rack set up tomorrow morning. Short on filters and heaters though. they are coming in tuesday.

the new pump is incredibly quiet. so far so good :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….