• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Agassizi Egg Colour

Minders

5 Year Member
I was wondering if there was a usual colour for agassizi eggs. I have a pair that just spawned again (I've never had fry) and this time I could see a few of the eggs and they were pure white - not fungussed, just white. These eggs disappeared overnight so I don't know if they ate them, but I presume so. There are no other predators in the tank apart from maybe snails.

The pair are normally fed on high protein granules, flake and the occasional live daphnia and microworm, if this has any bearing on what colour the eggs should be.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Egg color is dependent on what the mother is fed. Your diet (flake & pellets) will produce mostly white eggs. Fish fed mostly brine shrimp will have mostly red eggs. I have even seen green eggs when fish are fed a diet with spiruline algae as part of their diet. If your eggs had no fungus, I imagine that the eggs hatched and the female hid the larvae. Don't be surprised if you see her with a brood of fry in a few days.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….