• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A German in Belgium ...

Loriculus

Hi @ all,

hitting the 50 soon, I have had 40 years of fish keeping which I had never stopped ;)
Did all kinds of fish of fish except Discuss. The last 10 years I spent breeding marine fish. I converted most of my tanks back to fresh water now.

One rack with 12 tanks contains currently A. wilhelmi, A, atahualpa, A. bitaeniata, A. erythrura, A. beanschi, T. candidi and Biotoecus sp. (only 8 of the 12 are in use - do to a toddler the lower row is empty for his safety)

One 1000 Liter tank is stripped down, needs some covering of holes drilled to the bottom pane, a mat filter installation and is then red for Red Back Scalar, the Biotoecus and some tetras. With 160 x 100 x 70 cm there is enough ground surface for my Biotoecus ;)

The 2200 liter system (250 x100x 70 cm) is still marine and the sale of live stock is ongoing. Not fully clear what I place in that one. But a huge tank with Apistogramma would be a nice idea :) but Geophagus has something too. This system is connected to my fish room where it shares a central sump with 12 small tanks (40x30x30 cm), 3 medium tanks (60x40x40 cm) and one 160 x40x40 cm.

Due to recent private developments I have to scale down my cost dramatically and if the fish room will go back on start is currently unclear.

Show off modus :D

_MG_3376.jpg

Sorry for the particles - forgot to turn of the filtration ...

_MG_3321.jpg

_MG_3515.jpg

_MG_3507.jpg

_MG_3469.jpg

Looking forward for some nice experience exchange !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….