• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st Food for L. curviceps

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I use live foods. I breed them in a tank with a large clump of Java Moss which supplies the fry with live micro-organisms for the first few days. I add VERY SMALL amounts of APR, too. After about 3 days all of the fry can handle BBS and microworms.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
APR: Artificial Protozoan and Rotifer

O.S.I makes it. It’s a good substitute for live microfood because you can always have it on hand and ready to feed. Unlike the real critters. Just keep the food in the freezer or refrigerator to keep it from going bad.

Jeff

Nick S.

5 Year Member
first foods

I believe that L. Curviceps and L. Dorsiger fry are very similar in nutritional needs. I have a fair amount of algae in my breeding tank for my Dorsigers and also feed liquifry food and have had success.

Chromedome

5 Year Member
I've bred L. curviceps, dorsiger, and one of the Buckelkopf strains. Fry were always given San Francisco shrimp nauplii, and they took those easily. When I say San Francisco, I don't mean the brand name, I mean from the actual shrimp eggs collected in San Francisco Bay. The nauplii are smaller than salt lake nauplii, and they live longer in freshwater. I believe Brine Shrimp Direct is where I got the last jar of eggs. I've also found the Laetacara fry quite capable of eating microworms from the start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….