• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp

anewbie

Garlic is not a problem by itself. But it's also something many manufacturers add because it entices fish to eat, even if the food is otherwise not their preferred diet.
Dr. Bassleer use high quality ingredients, the composition is questionable though. The Acai stuff is to far herbivore leaning for dwarf cichlids. It may cause intestinal problems. Generally I'd avoid a too high percentage of dry foods.
No. It was more serious than that - it was a study and i wish i had saved the reference that suggested the high concentration of garlic in fish food was actively harming the fish over time.

MacZ

No. It was more serious than that - it was a study and i wish i had saved the reference that suggested the high concentration of garlic in fish food was actively harming the fish over time.
I have a vague idea which one you might be referring to. As you know garlic is used as an anti-parasitic for intestinal worms. I think there was a work that made clear that overuse might lead to resistance in the parasites, rendering it as useless as many antibiotics.
I'd have to look for it too.

Edit:
Was it this one?

anewbie

I have a vague idea which one you might be referring to. As you know garlic is used as an anti-parasitic for intestinal worms. I think there was a work that made clear that overuse might lead to resistance in the parasites, rendering it as useless as many antibiotics.
I'd have to look for it too.

Edit:
Was it this one?
I don't think so the one i remember was on fresh water fish.

It might have been this one and perhaps i misread it because this one indicates it improves immunity:

Epos7

I started feeding NorthFin Bug Pro and my apistos are big fans. I've also got their Krill Pro and Community, both of which the apistos will tolerate. Bug Pro is their preference however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….