• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!
Mike Wise
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Mike, I have ben trying to find the exact spicies of apistogramma I have for a couple of weeks now with no real definitive answer, I was wondering if there is some way I can send/email/message you a picture so that you could tell me what it actually is? Thanks
    Hi mike;
    Based on your experience and knowledge of keeping apistogramma, at what stage will the tank parameter affects the gender of the fries? Based on romer atlas 1, it state that temperature affects the gender.. But did not state when.
    For example.. At egg stage, 1 week of free swimming stage etc...
    Mike--going to Germany in Nov--there is a guy collecting in Fr Guyana right now and I might have access to some of the fish--Gossei??? interesting huh.
    I have 2 pair that I brought back from the UK, but waiting for this fall to start breeding. Can't help you now, sorry.
    I don't have anything to sell; reserved for club talks. You'll find some interesting apistos at the ACA convention this weekend in Denver.
    Mike, i got some eunotus from you at one of the local auctions here some time ago. I am looking to make some apistos the centerpiece of a 125 planted that has been set up for a couple of months now and was wondering what interesting species that you might have. Thanks

Russell
    Hi Mike, I would like to organize webinars about apiso's. What I' d like to know is if you would like to give a presentation? And if so what subjects would you have and what would it cost. I read you give lectures... But for me your just a little bit far away :) and I hoped this would be an intersting way to share.
    Kind regards, Jacco.
    Any very small live food. Microworms are often used. What is important is that the food moves in the water.
    Hey mike, I need some help. Apart from baby brine shrimp, are there any other food that I can feed the fry when they hatch? I don't think I can find them here in thailand.

Thanks!
    hi mike, how are you? i am looking for some good apisto books for reference. can you recommend some?
    It seem Rio tigre has a red portion than others location. The tank which my bitaeniata was kept was labeled the name Bitaeniata victoria(??) and Bitaeniata shishita so i don't know what exactly locaton.
    thank you so much for replying my answer. : )
    Mike Wise
    Mike Wise
    The Rio Shishita is just downstream from the Rio Ampiyacu & a common collecting site. Victoria could be for any of several towns.
    Mike Wise
    Mike Wise
    My A. bitaeniata is from the Río Tigre. It is a really beautiful population. I brought it back from my 2008 trip to Peru. The photo was taken in Peru. Your yellow form is a form found in many locations in the Peruvian Amazon. I don't know exactly from where your fish came. Color will vary, but color foods will bring out existing colors.
    Hey Mike can you tell me if you think its Gephyra or agassizii?? Hope its a clear enough pic for you, Thanks
    Methylene Blue shouldn't affect the bacteria in a sponge filter, only the fungus & spores. The sponge filters are easy to fill w/bacteria.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…