• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTB small group of apistos for new planted tank...

C.J.

I was looking at between 2-6 young fish that would be easier to care for. What I would like would be the follwoing...

-Blue or Opal Face Borellis
-Viejita Red Necks
-Hongsloi Red Form II
-something unknown to me in the apisto world that would be colorful yet low maintenance for the office tank.

Tank is a 55 planted but low light plants only. would need shipping options unless you are local to Pittsburgh, PA. Not looking to spend a fortune and I am already on aquabid so looking to see if prices get cheaper than on there or if there is anything unique here that can't be found there. Please send PM's and pics if you have anything.

SamandAnne

I was looking at between 2-6 young fish that would be easier to care for. What I would like would be the follwoing...

-Blue or Opal Face Borellis
-Viejita Red Necks
-Hongsloi Red Form II
-something unknown to me in the apisto world that would be colorful yet low maintenance for the office tank.

Tank is a 55 planted but low light plants only. would need shipping options unless you are local to Pittsburgh, PA. Not looking to spend a fortune and I am already on aquabid so looking to see if prices get cheaper than on there or if there is anything unique here that can't be found there. Please send PM's and pics if you have anything.
Hi,
Did you have any success finding Apistos in the area, if you wouldn't mind sharing what you found out? I'm looking for the same, especially A. borellis in the Pittsburgh area. Thanks!

C.J.

I know Eric and have spoken to him many times at GPASI. Very nice guy and very well known. He didn't have any of what I was looking for back then but wouldn't hurt to try again now. I keep missing the local meetings since they are conflicting with my work which stinks but I will get down there soon enough again. I did not find any local breeders of the apistos I was looking for and ended up just putting in other fish that were low maintenance. Office tanks are tough especially not being there on weekends to make sure fish are ok so I didn't want to put a thing together that was too expensive and have it not be taken care of. Aquabid still seems to be the best place to buy fish if you are looking in pittsburgh. Wish I was still breeding my triple red cockatoos as I'd have out those in the tank.

SamandAnne

Hi,

Thanks for your messages and ideas! Sorry it took a while to get back to you. I wound up waiting and re-doing the tank a little bit. I got back in touch with Eric Bodrock (who I had purchased some killifish from before), and he does have a few Apistos right now, and they look great. So, now I just have to decide what kind to get. Thanks again for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….