• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild Discus Spawning

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
I was really excited to be able to catch my pair of Alenquer discus spawning this evening. Im sort of speachless so consider yourselves lucky. Pictures are better than words anyway.

DSC04071.jpg

DSC04069.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04066.jpg

Sorry the pictures arent the best. They spawned two feet from the front pain of glass, buggers.
To make up for the bad discus pictures here are some good Parotocinclus Maculicauda pictures.

DSC04075.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

ste12000

5 Year Member
Stunning mate, They are great arent they..I have a pair of Blue Turks that have spawned fortnightly for the last two years..Ive had wrigglers twice but no freeswimmers. I need a medal for my patience...

Keep us updated.

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Its evening three! The eggs are all there. The parents have been diligent and I have been at my wits end to not bother them. I think that by morning I should see something in the form of movement from the eggs. Now if the Heckels that are in the tank would learn from the reds I would be in good shape.

Speaking of Heckels.... Odd behavior in the tank? The pair of Reds havent been more than a few inches away from the eggs while I have been able to observe. The Heckels that are almost always on the other side of the tank have taken up station as almost an outer perimiter to the spawning pair. Are they currious or helping? They are actively keeping two schools of tetras away.

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Will do Mark, Its the least I can do after taking Discus that Donna gets attached to every time you have them. Hows the knee? BTW its good to see you on here.

Chris

PS I have something for Lucy

Heiko Bleher

5 Year Member
Hi,

this is Heiko Bleher and i wanted to congratulate you for the nice discus and their spawning.

Also I wanted to tell you these are almost for sure not from Alenquer, but from the Rio Purus region (probably Jari), you can compare them with those in my bood very easy (that is why I have 380 different populations in it with exact locations where collected).

Anyhow they are very nice and keep up the good work,

always

Heiko Bleher
www.aquapress-bleher.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….