• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wild Agassizii from central Peru spawn

kgazos

Hello everyone!
my agassiziis spawned and I don’t know if the eggs are viable. Also the female is very little so I don’t know if she knows what to do, although she is wild caught. Should I separate her with her eggs from the other fish? I want as more fry as possible to survive. I have Nannostomus morthenhaleri and one pair of agassizii. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 0A9A6EFB-2BF6-48DF-9EB5-A53402FCC7A6.jpeg
    0A9A6EFB-2BF6-48DF-9EB5-A53402FCC7A6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
  • 5B80F7A6-EEA7-4497-8E8D-7EFE51856744.jpeg
    5B80F7A6-EEA7-4497-8E8D-7EFE51856744.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 149

Ben Rhau

Apisto Club
I would personally leave her alone for now. Moving her would be stressful and she might eat the eggs. If it doesn't work out the first time (or the first several times) she will eventually figure it out.

kgazos

Thank you for your answer. The main problem is that the place she spawned is in the middle of the water column so they fry would be easily accessible by other fish. Do you think the eggs look viable? And they become free swimming in around 5-6 days?

Ben Rhau

Apisto Club
I don't have experience with N. morthenhaleri. They are reputed to be a bit more boisterous than other pencil fish, but pencils as a whole aren't nearly as predatory as tetras, for example.

Just wait it out and be patient. Once they figure it out, they will spawn constantly and you'll have more fry than you know what to do with.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….