• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which of the following apistos would you keep together?

Sil

5 Year Member
Hi,
I think you're planning to place too many species in your tanks and IMHO the setups are not proper. You could try of course with these setups as you have empty tanks to move fishes if necessary, but I do not give a big chance to such configurations.
First 20 gallon tanks - A. cacatuoides 1+3 is good setup, but not with A. borelli as they would be dominated and terrorized by cacs. I would rather put inside 1+3 cacs with no other dwarf cichlids.
Second 20 gallon tanks - it's a risky setup but could work out as A. viejita and A. agassizii have similar temper. Good aquarium layout will be needed and a little bit of luck, but you could try with 1+2 A. viejita and a pair or 1+2 A. agassizii.
10 gallon tank - it's not proper for A. cacatuoides 1+1 and A. hongsloi 1+1... but it's good for A. borelli pair or 1+2.
Good lack with your arrangements anyway!
Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….