• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

where purchase Apisto borellii?

Y

ynglion

Any suggestions on where I can purchase at least one pair of Apistogramma borellii yellow variety and possibly another pair of blue color? I live in New England and had the yellow before when I was in Cinn., Ohio from Byerly's Aquarium in Columbus, OH. Thanks.

Y

ynglion

Thanks I haev written and are there any additional in the North East that I can drive

I have written to him to see if Yellow vs Blue variety. I wonder if there are are any great stores in New England that I can drive to for Apistogramma borellii?

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Montreal would probably be your best bet. They seem to get a good variety of apistos. There are a few LFS there that sell apistos, as well as a few breeders. A couple are members of this forum. I've heard that the Montreal fish club often has apistos to auction at the meetings. Also distributor, Oliver Lucanus is located in Montreal. Sometimes he doesn't deal directly with Quebecers, but he sells to Americans, no problem.

Other than that, I know there is a breeder in Tupper Lake area. I don't know where in NE you live, but I live in Vermont and both of these places are about a 90 minute drive for me.

I'm not familiar with the Boston area, but I've seen a few posts from people in that area seeking apistos. I think I've seen a few people say they can get them in New Jersey. Perhaps others are more familiar with these areas.

Michael

guppy*

5 Year Member
Anyone know where to get them in the Southern California area. Looking to pick them up... possibly shipping? If you have any and are selling them pretty cheap PM me please
Thanks

Y

ynglion

Thanks Michael for the leads - I am in Rhode Island

This weekend I will be in Manchester, NH not sure how close it is to your leads in Vermont. I will check map for Tupper Lake. Do you have a contact store name and number their?

Lionel

Mettle

5 Year Member
I know someone here in Ottawa was at a Montreal fish auction and picked up 5 Apisto. cacatuoides for $7 (orange flash and double red mix in the bag). And that's Canadian!

Chances are you'd be able to get a good price.

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Hi Lionel,

The ones I know of in these places are members of this forum. You can PM or e-mail them directly. You can find their contact info in the members list.

In Montreal is:
Fredmir and/or Fredmir1

In Tupper Lake is:
BigJohnW

Manchester is probably 2.5 to 3 hours from Montreal and 2 to 2.5 hours from Tupper Lake.

Michael

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….