• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When switch from live brine shrimp nauplii to other food for fry?

Carl W

Quick question: When do you usually switch from live brine shrimp nauplii to other foods? Have some frozen daphnia and could try crushed Tetra Min flakes. The A. agassizii fry are now roughly 6 weeks old and a little more than 1cm in length. I would like to get them used to other foods including dry food if possible. Any thoughts on your experience very much welcome. Any suggestions on good food to get them used to I can buy over Amazon is also welcome.

IMG_1202.jpg

Carl W

Decided to order Hikari First Bites from. Seems to have received good reviews. Also ordered from yourfishstuff.com. Ordered Golden Pearls. a larger type GP6 "500-800 microns: Weaning Diet- Great for Guppies and Cichlid fry". Seems a grain size to get cichlid fry off brine shrimp. Hope that works.

Still hoping for input and tips.

Sordbodan

Decided to order Hikari First Bites from. Seems to have received good reviews. Also ordered from yourfishstuff.com. Ordered Golden Pearls. a larger type GP6 "500-800 microns: Weaning Diet- Great for Guppies and Cichlid fry". Seems a grain size to get cichlid fry off brine shrimp. Hope that works.

Still hoping for input and tips.
My borelli took to Hikari almost from the start. Also tried nutra fin, but they never ate that. Good luck.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Have you tried just crushing up flake food and see if they will peck at it, most of time mine will not hit it unless it's moving [floating down] normally once the others see a couple of there group eating they will normally try it. I would start crushing flake food and mix a small amount with the BBS. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….