• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what's your set-ups?

Apistt_ed

Hello all,
I was just wondering what everyone's setups were, tanks & equipment wise. I am quickly running out of space and running short on $$ as my habit, yes I said apisto habit, is expanding. From one solitary community tank for cacatuoides, it grew to now about 16 tanks, in one years time, ranging from 15gallons - 30 long growout tanks and the 90 gallon community showtank. I'm averaging about 1 1/2 tanks added a week and it's not slowing down. I've kept apistos for years and I've come to realize that there must be an easier way!! I was just curious at what everyone has in their fishroom? I am currently buying everything new for my tanks such as air pumps to run the foam filters and those cost a pretty penny themselves! where can I find a large unit to maybe run all of them and how much it would be? I am certainly thinking about getting the aquarium societies around here more into apistos as I really don't see them much around here... and when they are around here, the prices are mind blowing ( from $45/ pair of nijsenni - $50/ pair of macmasteri at large chain stores!!) In general... How does one support our habit?

john

ARWoodi

5 Year Member
Apistt_ed,

When I got a 1st pair of apisto from a hobbyist in my country, he warned me about the "darkside" of apisto keeping... and true enough I keep expanding and expanding from a tank to 12 tanks now hehehe. Most of them are housed in species tank.
Lucky for me here, I can easily get resale items over the net at half the price or even more... so my concern now is just "time".

fishboy20

5 Year Member
While I just moved a month ago, I certainly am hoping to get going again on Apistos like I had been keeping. Right now I have 6-10's, 5-30's, 3-65's, 2-75's and a 150 gallon dedicated to South American species. Hopefully I can start breeding again soon. Hope you have most of those tanks in the same room.

chapman76

5 Year Member
Getting the apistos is the easy part. You can get 4 high quality F0 species for under $40 from most people on aquabid.com if you contact them directly. That's how I got started. Only one tank with apistos right now. Still waiting for a good quality nijsseni male to become available so I can breed my females who are very ready to breed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….