• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

West african tank setup

szkodnik

Hey guys !

I want to ask You about stocking west african tank . Bottom is 150cm x 50 cm . Iam thinking about :

-Pelvicachromis taeniatus
- Congo Tetras
- kililfish

Now the question is how many males Pelvicachromis taeniatus can live in this kind of tank ? I red that even in 150x50 male will kill other males , so if this is true are there any other cichlids i can keep with Pelvicachromis taeniatus ?

Also what type and how many kililfish can i get ?

regards

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
A 1.5 meter long tank is plenty large enough for a group of Pelvicachromis taeniatus or P. kribensis (all of the populations from Cameroon are no longer P. taeniatus). Make sure that there are blocks to line-of sight so that individuals getting picked on can get away. More than likely only one male will spawn, so after one has become dominant, you can take other males out. THe tetras are fine for tankmates, but the killies are better. Procatopus and Aplocheilichthys are excellent dithers. I also like to use smaller Fundulopanchax and Aphyosemion types.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….